Friday, July 10, 2015

Is 500k worth 25 bucks?

I had nearly identical conversations with two new landlords this week.  The conversations went roughly like this.


I found someone to rent my house.  I just need them to sign the lease. I am not sure if I want to spend the money on running a credit and background check.  I don’t want to change the applicant an application fee and scare them off either.

What do you suggest?

Of course, I suggested they run background and credit checks.  You might say, you suggest that because Renting Authority makes money from background and credit checks.  That is true, but it is a necessity.  When the economy is unstable, you must stick with the basics.

  • Have applicant fill out and sign a complete rental application.
  • Run background and credit reports
  • Do employment and rental verification.
  • Have applicant sign a rental lease agreement.

Here’s another strange occurrence.  Unfortunately, I keep hearing stories like this more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment