Employment verification is an extremely important step in the tenant screening process. Generally, a renter needs a good job so he or she can pay the rent. Let me give you a list of things to inquire about.
One of the most important things is to pay attention to is: who and how the business phone is answered. Why, because some people will give you a friend to call and pretend they are the employer. The phone should be answered with a business name.
Ask for the applicant’s supervisor or boss. This information should have been provided by the applicant on the application.
Ask the following questions:
- How long has the applicant been employed there?
- Is he or she currently employed there?
- Is the job full time, part time or temporary?
- How many hours a week does he or she work?
- Verify the monthly income. (Employers do not always give out this information.)
- Does their job future look good?
Make sure to do good employment verification. If you do not have the time to do it yourself, Renting Authority can help you.
This is how you run an Employment Report:
- Log into the Property Owner’s Toolbox
- Select Past Rental and Employment Reports.
- Click the box for Employment Report
- Fill in the needed information and we take care of the rest.
You receive your Employment Report in 24-48hrs
The Cost is only:
$6 for Employment Verification
$6 for Rental History Verification
Only $4 each with your upgraded membership
Click here to view a sample Employment Report
Login and order you Employment Reports now
To your success,